Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blue Bow Wedding Cake



This is the cake I made last night for a wedding gift today :) As for the design of the cake all I was told was they wanted a medium blue and silver for accents. So having free reign of the design of the cake was at first great. But then I realized without direction I went on to changing the design of the cake at least 6 times before I settled on this. Its really funny how at first I was excited to be able to do whatever I wanted but then my imagination took over and I couldn't decide which design I would like best. I went with the bow design since I had loved a lot of these cakes I had been coming across lately. Also because it was up to me I wanted to obviously do something I hadn't done before. The bow on top and ribbons were made out of the medium blue fondant but brushed with some silver luster dust to give it a shimmer and tie it into the silver ribbon around each tier. In the end I thought it was super cute and had a great time making it!

4 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

The buttercream looks so smooth. And I love that color of blue.

veggievixen said...

very beautiful. glad you had fun with the design.

Jenniffer said...

I think your cake is great. It took me a while before I found something to keep my fondant to hold it's shape. I use tylose powder in my fondant that I want to dry hard, like bows and animals. Before, I had many issues I buy it at globalsugarart.com. I hope you will take this as just a helpful hint, I'm not trying to critique anything. Have fun!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh my gosh! your cakes are to die for! Just found you when I googled recipe books and so glad I did. Love meeting someone who loves to cook/bake as much as I do- although I need a few pointers on the decorating. I am horrible at it but i can cook though! ha! Following you now! Love for you to stop by my blog if you get a chance!

http://kitchenbelleicious.blogspot.com