Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wine Bottle Birthday Cakes

When I received the order for these cakes I wasn't super excited about making them. The client did not like fondant so they had to be covered in buttercream with only fondant accents so I wasn't sure I could make them as nice as I would have liked for them to be. Well I am actually very happy with how they turned out. I also ended up having a lot of fun making them and didn't realize it until I was almost finished and it was 3:00am. The only thing I had left to finish this morning was the grapes and vines. Both of the cakes were Chocolate with Raspberry filling and then covered in Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream. I love that my time management is four times better than what it was three months ago. Especially with wedding season right around the corner.


Burgandy labeled bottle


Green labeled bottle


Closeup of the grapes

No comments: