Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yikes, Clearly I'm behind on the blog posts!

Shame on me.. Not sure whats been keeping me so busy but clearly I have been slacking on the blog posts for the last couple weeks. My bad :( Well here are a few of the cakes I did the last two weekends. Two weekends ago I made a Chocolate cake with Chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream filled with cherry filling and a Carrot cake with Cream Cheese frosting for a wonderful twitter friend. Her husband had just come home from being away for a long time (Army) and she was having a small gathering of some close friends to welcome him back :)

Then last weekend I had a Wedding out in Devon I made a cake for. This cake completely stacked was probably over 60 pounds. Outrageous how heaving a cake becomes once you make a wooden cake base and the entire cake is covered in fondant. Fondant is soo heavy! Anyways, here is a couple pictures of it as well. Hope you all had a great 2 weeks and can account for your time better than I can :) LOL




The cake table setup



Chocolate Cake with Cherry filling covered in Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream



Carrot Cake covered and filled with Cream Cheese Icing


3 comments:

veggievixen said...

yummy! i love the look of the wedding cake. not overdone, and just beautiful!

Leanne said...

That wedding cake is gorgeous. You do such great work.

Love Your Cake said...

beautiful wedding cake!! I love the details! you do amazing cakes!!